PURPOSE MACHINE BUILDERS
Flexibility as standard
Engineering software makes standard and special-purpose machine builders faster
Collaborative from requirement to servicing: AUCOTEC's plant design software makes standard and special-purpose machine builders faster. The unique support for collaborative engineering permits processes beyond electrical engineering, which are optimized in terms of time and costs.
Everything optimally tailored to the entire life cycle of the machines - from requirements engineering via design, documentation and cabinet layout up to service. Furthermore, the challenges of Industry 4.0 can be mastered in a highly efficient manner with central data storage and flexible configuration of standard modules.
The special challenges
- Innovation pressure: a technological lead in the market is becoming more and more short-lived, and further reductions in costs and time are becoming increasingly difficult in the development process of standard and special-purpose machines.
- Time pressure necessitates parallel work in the various disciplines for significantly improved exchange of information.
- Globalisation and cost pressure: competitive offers for standard and special-purpose machines even in the growing markets of emerging economies are a prerequisite for sustainable global success.
- Coordination of the work of local development teams, which signifies a great opportunity to implement individual customer requirements on-site.
- Individuality and standardisation: high requirements for customized quality machines at the lowest possible cost require maximum flexibility of tools and extensive standardisation of components.
- Modular systems with flexible configuration necessary for customized standard and special-purpose machines at optimised costs.
The optimum process
- Engineering Base (EB) as an ideal cooperation platform: central database for local and globally distributed clients, and scalable architecture.
- Exceptional integration ability of EB into PDM/PLM and ERP systems for additional transparency and company-wide solutions which go far beyond engineering.
- Automated "feeding" of control engineering with technical data for more efficient use of Industry 4.0 applications such as predictive maintenance.
- Best communication between the disciplines and external project officers reduces coordination efforts and errors: integrated solution modules from the inclusion of customer requirements via the plant overview to the individual terminal together with the connected wire inside the control cabinet and all on one shared data model.
- Full control of changes and their impact due to unique tracking and revision technology.
- Secure integration of external suppliers by the convenient importing and exporting of engineering data; full change control.
- Saving time and costs with worksheets for more efficient data processing.
- Highly efficient plant configuration with clear handling of variants and options.
- Direct involvement of additional project participants accelerates cooperation and reduces coordination effort between the disciplines.
- EB Maintenance reduces time for the documentation of changes during and after commissioning.
Embedded in your company IT system
- The closest possible link to SAP and Teamcenter for managing material master data, BOMs and documents.
- Integration of the leading 3-D systems for optimised cabinet design.
- Open API for integration, for example, in proprietary PDM/PLM and ERP systems.
- Integration of manufacturing systems for the automated manufacturing of mounting plates and wires.